Your temple isn't guarded by carved snake headed gods or winged demons. Instead a middle aged woman in a blue uniform with hair the colour of oxblood sits beside a button controlled turnstile. We hand over our coins, taking a small paper ticket in return and join the queue of tourists, history fans and ghouls. We climb the glass sided stairs unsure what to expect on the other side of the griffin sized doors.
About the author
Steve Toase is an author, archaeologist and journalist living in North Yorkshire and occasionally Munich, Germany. As an author he writes mythic fiction, weaving elements from folklore and legend into a contemporary setting.
News, events and publications
- Three things I do not write about and three things I do
- Small Snatches of Life from Before now published at Fiction Vortex
- Red Clay published at Pantheon Magazine
- Red Clay to be published in Pantheon Magazine
- Best Horror of the Year Anthology 6 Out Now
- The Fibril Prosthetic published at Mad Scientist Journal
- Call Out selected for The Best Horror Of The Year #6 anthology
- New Commission: Runs On The Board 2013
- Story accepted for Napkin Stories
- Skin Like Carapace published in Scheherezade’s Bequest : As You Wish